Tuesday, November 15, 2011

On with the questions..

Mr. Dunn has asked us to go one step futher from last weeks post.  He wants us to go back to question that some of my other classmates have made with respondes by other people, and now we have to talk about the question in more depth than before.  So here it goes..


On Calli's blog, she asked:
1. How would you deal with the pain of losing a family member?


Mckenas response 
I would respond to this question with very few correct words to say. I feel like I would probably just take things day by day because there isn't an actual healing process that's the same for everyone. The question is kind of personal, which I understand because Columbine is written in a very personal view. I really don't know what I would do if I lost someone in my family. I can imagine I'd be angry at the person who took them away from me, but everyone's greiving process is different, and I couldn't tell you until I was actually put in that position. Devistated is probably the most accurate word to use to decribe how I'd feel.


My response 
I complete agree with Mckena.  I lost my grandma not to long ago and that was a very hard time for me, and also my family.  It is very hard to see your family members so sad and devastated.  We soon all got through the loss and moved on, but every time someone brings her up, you can tell that everybody's mood changes a little bit.  I have never really thought about how I would handle a death that was actually on purpose such as the one in Columbine.  I mean we all know that my grandma was getting old, so we knew it was coming.  I would be devastated if something were to happen to one of my family members like that.


Macayla asked:
Have you ever done something just for the popularity? 


Sam responded:
I my self have not done something just because I thought it would make me more popular/give me more popularity. Sadly, many people in todays generation do however.  I think that they need to realize being yourself will make you a lot more friends than you trying to be someone else or by acting different.  


My response 
I agree with Sam with she says that many people today do change the way that they are just to be popular.  I think that is sad that you have to change the way you are just to feel like.  It probably will come back to if you were being yourself people would like you just as much.  I am not going to say that I have never tired to become more popular, because I would be lying.  I like my friends for who they are and they like me for who I am.  I am not going to change just to say that i am "popular."


Brad asked,
"Have you ever worked so hard to get or to do something and it failed to happen?"

Malik responded,

"To answer that question, i can say yes i have. Recently in fact. There was this math test that was coming up and it was worth a lot of points. I really want ed to do good on it so i started studying two nights before (its kinda hard to study for a math test alone). The day before the test I even stayed after school to practice some problems with my teacher. we practiced for about an hour and was feeling pretty confident about the test afterward. That night i practiced the same problems just to make sure i didn't forget how to do them. When test time came the next day I was feeling pretty confident and prepared. That was until I got the test handed to me. I looked at the problems and was almost immediately confused. I wasn't even able to finish the test before class ended. Ina couple of days we got are test back to see our grades. when i got mine back, i saw in red letters "35/70". I was so sad to see that grade. It was the first math test i have ever failed."


My response: 
I feel like that happens a lot to me actually... I know exactly how Malik feels, ever since Sophomore year started I just seem not to understand math.  I mean last year i got all A's on my tests, and if I was to get a B I would be mad at myself.  This year is totally different, I  am happy to get my test back and get a B.  I realize this is not good, and i shouldn't get use to this, but lately it just seems so hard not to be happy with a B.  


Jason asked
 "Do you enjoy high school?"

Jay responded

   "I do enjoy high school for the most part. I believe this is one of the better high schools, because we are allowed to have some say in what we want to learn about and that makes it a much more enjoyable experience. Friends also help make the high school years that much better because the friends you make here help shape who you become and how the time her goes. But on the other side sometimes stress can get to you and it can come from anywhere such as over zealous parent, school work, peers, teachers, and even the sometimes overwhelming idea of the future." 


My response: 
   I agree with Jay, I do love high school.  Don't get my wrong I don't love all the work that we have to do, but I do enjoy learning new things, and being involved with so much stuff.  During middle school I thought school was great.  All the teachers were nice, they helped us with everything and we had many classes that other middle schools didn't offer.  Since we were in middle school the teachers were very strict one what was to be done.  I mean we have to walk quietly through the halls in single file lines and if we were in the wrong spot during recess we would get in trouble.  Thats why I think high school is so great.  There aren't very many ridiculous  rules that we must follow and they give you a chance to grow up.  Also it is great because all of your friends are in one building, not spread apart into three or four different schools.  



No comments:

Post a Comment