Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Follow up of the short story Blood

     I am starting to write a new blog, no longer will I be blogging about my independent reading book.  I will now be talking about our short stories that we read in class.  We will be reading multiple short stories and Mr. Dunn assigned us many different prompts that we can choice from to blog about.  Our first story is Blood by Zdravka Evtimova.  I have decided to do to the prompt that causes you to create a follow up to a store that was left untold.  Blood really leaves you with a cliff hanger, and you could come up with many conclusions. So here goes my ending...

     I wasn't sure what I was suppose to do.  Finally I had costumers coming to my shop, but they didn't want to buy anything from my shop, they only wanted my blood.  The mob was still chanting "Blood of a Mole".  They all started coming closer, surrounding the door making it impossible for me to get out.  The doors were still locked, so I had a little time to think about what I was going to do.  I wanted to help these people, but then I would be putting my on life into danger. I needed to make my decision fast, I was running out of time.  The mob was getting louder and coming closer to my shop. 

     I looked through my shop and realized there wasn't much to offer.  I could kill some of my animals and give their blood to the screaming mob, but the blood might not work.  These animals loved me, I couldn't just give them up like this.  I have been taking care of them for who knows how long. I rummaged through my store thinking of other possibilities of what I could do. I started to realize I didn't have much to offer anyone besides my blood.  My store was going to go out of business any day now, and I wouldn't no what to do with my life. I knew what I had to do.  I opened the door, and slowly let the people trickle into my store.  I knew what I had to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment