Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Getting Started!

I am Emily Bleyer.  I go to Carbondale Community High School, and I am a sophomore in Mr. Dunn's English II class.  He has asked us to create a blog on one of the four non-fiction books he has chose for our class.  I have chosen to read, "Fast Food Nation" by Eric Schlosser.  Over the next six weeks I will be blogging about what is happening in the book, and all of my questions and thought on the book.

"Fast Food Nation" is about a man trying to get into the dirty secrets of fast food.  He tires to go behind the scenes of many different restaurants, especially McDonald and see what they are actually giving us to eat and why is it changing America.  This book has many facts that really get you thinking about what America is turning into. Schlosser is starting from the beginning of how fast food was born.

The main point of this book is to get people more educated about what fast food restaurants are selling us.  He claims that fast food in america started in California and has been revolutionized in many ways to become what we today call fast food.  

No comments:

Post a Comment